While reading about goal setting and goals of different entrepreneurs I follow were making for 2018, I noticed a common theme. Many of them broke the year into quarters or thirds.
Jan-March. April-June. July-Sept. Oct-Dec.
Jan-April. May-August. Sept-Dec.
That means we are already almost one-third through 2018! The New Year’s motivation has likely worn off and goals have encountered more and more roadblocks in the way.
The good news is, you can use the start of each third as a reset button. You can turn these last three weeks around before the end of April and set some hard deadlines for your goals for the next third of the year!
Don’t let the idea that you can always start later stop you from starting right now.
And better yet, rope someone into doing it with you or holding you accountable!
Here are some behavior changes you could start with:
- Following a consistent exercise program
- Getting 8000-10000 steps per day
- Limiting “junk” food to 1x/week
- Swapping regular soda for diet or carbonated water
- Meal tracking consistently
- Ordering healthy options at restaurants
- Limiting alcohol to 3x/week or less
- Taking 5 minutes each day to de-stress
Have another behavior you want to work on? Let me know in the comments below!