There’s something so satisfying about taking a dish not normally known to be healthy and finding a way to enjoy without any guilt. So here’s my take on the classic Chicken Parmesan:
Servings 2 (save one for lunch or share it with someone!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 1 egg, whisked with a fork
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes mixed with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 medium zucchinis, spiralized/ zoodled
- 1-2 cups broccoli, 14 asparagus or other green vegetable on the side
- Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning (or Italian herb seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip chicken breast into egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place in glass cooking pan (sprayed lightly with cooking spray).
- Cook for 20 minutes, take out to top with cheese and cook another 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Put diced tomatoes & spaghetti sauce in skillet with zucchini noodles. Toss and cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning.
- Put half zucchini noodles with sauce and one chicken breast on plate.
- Serve with broccoli, asparagus or other green vegetable of choice! (I love steamed broccoli with cayenne pepper)
For one serving!
This meals leaves room for a little dessert (mango & whipped cream anyone?) or a little extra sprinkle of cheese or breadcrumbs guilt-free!
1 thought on “Healthy, Simple Chicken Parmesan”
Dear Katelyn, nice recipe for chicken parm . Better for me than the shoulder exercises lol . Hope all is well with you. Take care of yourself . Love, Grandma
Sent from my iPad