You guys, it has finally happened.
I’ve found an incredible way to prepare 99% lean ground turkey that is not totally devoid of flavor and moisture!!!
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I’m probably still going to be lazy and just cook up some plain ground turkey in a skillet, top it with some mustard and call it good.
BUT if I can help it, crafting the lean ground turkey into this BBQ meatloaf is DEFINITELY the way to go 🙂
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 6 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1 egg
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Cook onions in skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- In a bowl, mix turkey, BBQ sauce, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Then mix in garlic and onion. (Feel free to add salt and pepper or other spices here.)
- Put mixture into loaf pan.
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes, until done.
Adapted from this recipe from Kitchn: