I haven’t been this excited about vegetables in a while.
Towards the end of 2018, I got in a cycle of roasted brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli that I was still enjoying, but it was getting quite repetitive.
Enter: leeks + new ceramic dish + 45 minutes in the oven.
I don’t know that I’d ever even had a leek, let alone even knew which part to use. Spoiler: use only the white part and they are delicious.
The best things about this recipe are:
- You could use any veggies you want or throw in any veggies that are going bad and you need to use up.
- This dish is vegetarian, but you could add any protein or eat it on the side. We mixed in extra lean ground turkey (surprise) after.
- You’ll definitely have enough for leftovers or you could make this in a smaller pan.
- You could recycle this the next night as an egg scramble, with pasta or cheese or really reinvent it however you want.
- After chopping, it cooks for 45 minutes so you could squeeze in a workout or go be productive with other things.
- Half red onion
- Half sweet yellow onion
- Two green bell peppers
- Two leeks (only the white parts)
- One sweet potato
- A few tiny red potatoes
- Lemon, quartered (I didn’t have one on hand)
- 1 Tbsp. (or more) olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425-450 degrees.
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and lemon.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme.
- Cook for about 45 minutes.
What would you add to this recipe? If you try it, let me know on instagram and tag @hellostrength1