Raisin Bread French Toast was my First Watch (midwestern breakfast restaurant) order for every breakfast out in my childhood.
Giant french toasts at brunch always call my name, but end up being really over the top. This baked french toast is big, sweet, crunchy and so satisfying that you will feel like you are out to brunch!
- 2 Slices of Bread (I used homemade bread, but I would also recommend sourdough or a sprouted grain bread)
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Egge Whites
- 30-50 grams Blueberries
- 2 Tsp. Honey or Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon & Vanilla to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together vanilla, sweetener and egg whites.
- Tear bread and but in baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on bread.
- Pour egg white mixture on bread and top with blueberries.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (if you find the top is crispy/browning quickly, cover with aluminum foil)
What I love about this recipe is that I can so easily adjust it to how much protein and carb I want from my breakfast. I often save my fat for other meals, but I do think a nice drizzle of peanut butter would really top this off.
Let me know if you give this a try and tag @hellostrength1 on instagram with your photo!
1 thought on “High Protein Baked Blueberry French Toast”
Looks delicious. I 💕 blueberries!
Sent from my iPhone