Funks. We all have them from time to time. What’s important is how long we stay in them. Here are six thing you can try to flip out of a bad mood and into a good one!
- Give someone a compliment. Doing something for someone else, something outward, can often improve how we feel inward about ourselves.
- Get your thoughts out of your head. Go talk to someone or call a friend. Getting your thoughts out of your own head can help you get perspective and not them them snowball into a larger than life problem inside your head.
- Go outside. Get some vitamin D and reduce your cortisol with a little O2 and sunshine.
- Change your energy level. Energy is created, it doesn’t just strike spontaneously. Dance, jump around or do something to get your blood pumping and see that will likely shake up your mood and at least get your body feeling energized.
- Take 90 seconds. Sometimes you just need to vent. Take 90 seconds and let yourself feel negative and complain your heart out. Once the 90 seconds is over, you let it go and start the day anew.
- Change your outfit. Put on clothes that make you feel good and imagine leaving your negative mood in your old outfit.
What do you do when you need to flip yourself out of a poor mood?