If you haven’t caught on to the cauliflower-fever yet, get ready.
I love cauliflower because it feels like I am eating a carb, but still lets me have ice cream later because it is significantly lower in calories and carbs than actual carbs. You with me?
I started with cauliflower rice (just blending it up and throwing it in a skillet with some protein), then mastered the cauliflower pizza crust (still delicious despite not actually being pizza) and now I’ve discovered the greatest form for cauliflower to take of all:
These babies pair great with anything, but I love to make them with turkey meatballs because if you want to make your life super easy you can go to Trader Joe’s buy the PRE-RICED CAULIFLOWER & FROZEN TURKEY MEATBALLS and you have done 90% of the work already.
- 1.25 cup Trader Joe’s Pre-Riced Cauliflower
- 1 oz grated or finely chopped mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning to taste (or your own spice mix)
- 4-6 Trader Joe’s Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- 1-2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook frozen meatballs according to package (30 min).
- Plug in waffle maker to preheat.
- In bowl combine cauliflower, egg, mozzarella and spices.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute so cheese can help the mixture congeal.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of mixture into waffle maker to cook for 2 minutes.
- After meatballs are finished cooking, toss in bowl with soy sauce.
- Drizzle cauliflower with soy sauce if desired.
For 5 meatballs, cauliflower waffle as listed above and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce: