Some exercises kind of suck 🙂 They always feel hard, but you know you need to them.
This is not one of those exercises! I am literally always happy and up for doing this pull variation at the gym so I thought I would share.
Also, pulling exercises are one of the most important exercises you can do. I would say the most important, but squatting is probably the most necessary life skill, (getting up from a chair, etc.) so pulling exercises come in as a close second.
Most people at at the gym remember to work their chest, shoulders, biceps and other muscles they can see in a mirror. But oftentimes the back gets neglected, even though we should be working it twice as much as the front to counteract all the forward positions our shoulders are put in during the day.
Pull ups hard. So in case I can’t convince you to work on those, this seated cable rope pull is actually a very pleasant exercise to do 🙂
Why It’s Great
- Majority of people should be able to perform it without pain (you could adjust the height of the pulley to find a heigh that works for you)
- It hits all the major muscles on your back
- The rope grip makes it easy to get a full range of motion (shoulders coming all the way forward and back)
- You can go heavy (for lower reps) or lighter (for higher reps)
- I think it really feels good and I can get a great mind to muscle connection during the reps
That’s it! Give this a try and let me know what you think!