Recently I’ve gotten MUCH more into micronutrients and making sure that I have lots of different colors and types of vegetables in my diet. It’s been a fun challenge to attempt to get myself to enjoy foods like kale and carrots, but I can happily say I’ve been successful!
However, I still like to eat pizza and make sure that it fits my macros.
Here is a delicious way to get your family (or even just yourself) to have some greens and eat your pizza too 🙂
Meal: Turkey Meatballs with Turkey Bacon Spinach and Broccoli & Cheesy Pizza
Ingredients (per 1 serving)
- Trader Joe’s Turkey Meatballs (4)
- Trader Joe’s Garlic & Herb Pizza Crust (2 oz)
- Trader Joe’s Lite Mozzarella Cheese (1.25 oz)
- Trader Joes’ Tomato & Basil Marinara Sauce (2 Tbsp.)
- Jennie O Turkey Bacon (2 slices)
- Fresh spinach (1/2-1 cup)
- Frozen broccoli (1/2-1 cup)
- Garlic Powder, Basil, Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (with baking sheet in oven while preheating to ensure the bottom of the pizza cooks well).
- Measure out 2 oz. of pizza dough and top with marinara sauce & cheese (save .25 oz of cheese for vegetables). Cook pizza for 10-12 minutes.
- While pizza is in oven, cook broccoli in microwave for 4 minutes.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and cook turkey bacon (about 1 minute per side).
- Add broccoli and spinach to turkey bacon on skillet.
- Cook turkey meatballs in microwave (about 4 minutes) or cook in oven according to package directions.
- When pizza is finished, sprinkle with garlic powder and basil.
- When vegetables are finished, sprinkle with .25 oz of cheese, garlic powder and salt.
- 459 calories
- 398 grams protein
- 39 grams carbs
- 20 grams fat