I’d used the Trader Joe’s Garlic Herb Pizza Dough for just about everything I could think of. Pizza, Breakfast Egg Cups, Calzones, and Pretzels. Until I came up with my favorite idea yet.
Okay, so they are basically a calzone, but way more fun and super easy to make! Not to mention, loaded with 30 grams of protein per serving.
As you can see, they don’t have to be perfect to be delicious 🙂
For one serving.
- 3 oz. TJ’s Garlic Herb Pizza Dough
- 4 TJ’s Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- 1/8 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 oz. TJ’s Lite Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave the meatballs for 3 minutes.
- Measure out 3 oz. of pizza dough and roll out thin.
- Cut into 4 equal (ish) portions and put equal amount of cheese on each portion.
- Put marinara sauce into a bowl and roll meatballs in sauce to coat. Then place meatballs on dough.
- Pull up the corners of the dough to cover meatball and place on baking sheet (lined with foil) with the “seams” of the dough facing down.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, then top with garlic powder.
Protein: 30 grams
Carbs: 32 grams
Fat: 11 grams
I served with roasted brussels sprouts, but feel free to use your favorite vegetable!
Give this recipe a try and tag @hellostrength1 with your pics 🙂