It’s almost comical how often my husband and I, when discussing dinner, turn to each other and go……. bowls?!
This really is just a lazy way to throw a protein, carb and vegetable together, but when you call it a bowl it sounds like we planned it. (Kinda like how a Buddha Bowl is just some healthy things in a bowl with an instagram filter :)).
The great thing about bowls is you can prep the ingredients once and eat them throughout the week. Especially with something like sweet potato fries, you don’t want to be slicing them and waiting 45-60 minutes for them to crisp up every night.
I also love how flexible this recipe is. By the end of the week we are having chicken in our bowls instead of turkey and marinara sauce instead of BBQ. Sub ingredients based on what you have left in your pantry/fridge.
Now, here’s the recipe:
Ingredients- 2 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (approx. 500 grams)
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 10 oz chicken breast or 10 oz extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato and brussels sprouts.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and bake sweet potato/brussels for approx. 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken and onion on a skillet over medium heat while veggies are in the oven.
- Toss with bbq sauce and divide into two bowls.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
- Total Calories = 485
- Protein: 38 grams
- Carbs: 73 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
Tag me @hellostrength1 on Instagram if you give this recipe a try!