I’m not a huge pasta lover, but my most requested recipe from you guys is always for a pasta dish — so here we are!
Gnocchi is hands down my favorite pasta and I felt pretty daunted heading into this one.
After building my confidence by watching a few youtube videos, I combined and simplified a few recipes into this delicious and shockingly easy Bacon, Kale Gnocchi!
This video from Tasty was a huge help and made this seem doable. Turns out I forgot to buy eggs at the grocery store so we just left them out and it turned out fine!
Ingredients (for gnocchi only)
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup water (or less)
- Bring water to a boil, then add potatoes and cook until you can stick a fork through them.
- Peel the potatoes and then mash. (We don’t have a potato masher, so we used forks!)
- Add the flour and mix with a hand mixer until a dough forms (add water if needed to help congeal).
- Flour a surface and section dough into four parts.
- Take one section, roll into a thin-ish log and slice into gnocchi pieces.
- Bring water to a boil and add some of the gnocchi. When it rises to the top it is done (about a minute).
- Pro tip: We then chose to sear our gnocchi in a skillet so it got a little toasty.
In a separate skillet we cooked the bacon (I had one slice), garlic, mushrooms, tomato and kale. Then combined everything! One night we didn’t even add a sauce because it was so flavorful and the second night we toss it all in Costco’s Butter Chicken Sauce.
Is this something you would attempt? It was a tad bit challenging, but so rewarding and delicious 🙂